Posted by on 03 August 2016 04:02 PM
Domain Portfolios let you organize and view your domains through groupings, as well as the ability to share a selected portfolio with one other easyDNS user account.
What are Portfolios?
Portfolios are like folders where domains can be grouped together for reasons of ownership, control, configuration, or whatever other criteria you may wish. Instead of having to remember which domains share a certain parameter, you can instead group them together.
An example of this would be if you are a web developer with multiple clients, you can create an easyDNS account for each one of your clients, put their domain(s) into a specific portfolio and give yourself permission to manage them. This way the client can still pay invoices and "hold the keys" to the domain while still allowing you enough access to get your work done.
Creating and sharing a domain name with another user is a simple process which involves:
Enabling The Domain Portfolio Feature
Please note that Portfolio Sharing would need to be enabled within both accounts. In order to enable this feature please do the following:
1. Log into your easyDNS account
Creating A Portfolio
1. Click on DOMAIN PORTFOLIOS on the left sidebar menu
2. Under MY DOMAIN PORTFOLIOS, click on EDIT
3. Create a portfolio and click on NEXT
4. Confirm changes
Adding A Domain To Your Portfolio
1. Click on MANAGE for the domain you'd like to add to the portfolio (this will take you to the DOMAIN ADMINISTRATION page)
2. Click on the DOMAIN SETTINGS tab
4. Choose your portfolio from the drop down list and click DONE
Sharing Your Portfolio
1. Click on DOMAIN PORTFOLIOS from the left sidebar menu
2. In the DOMAIN PORTFOLIOS section, choose SHARED ONLY (instead of MY PORTFOLIOS) from the dropdown menu and click the arrow
3. Click on EDIT in the MY SHARED PORTFOLIOS section
4. Type in the easyDNS user you'd like to share this portfolio with and choose the type of access you'd like to give
WRITE allows shared users to edit and update the DNS records for domains in the portfolio. They will NOT have access to the Whois records (presuming the domain is registered through easyDNS in the first place).
WHOIS grants access to editing the Whois records for a domain registered through easyDNS, including ownership and authoritative nameservers. It is recommended that this be shared selectively and with great caution, as this grants complete control over a domain.
ACTIVE tells you if sharing for this portfolio is currently enabled or disabled.
5. Click on NEXT
6. Confirm your changes
At this point the easyDNS user you gave access to should be able to see the domain under their account. They'll just have to make sure they are choosing the correct folder under ACTIVE PORTFOLIO: